


























NaYourNews is an online news aggregating website where only fact checked stories are published.

n
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has confirmed that former Kaduna governor, Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in its custody.
The ICPC confirmed this in a statement late Wednesday following the re-arrest of El-Rufai by operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS.
El-Rufai was rearrested after he left the custody of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, where he spent two days.
ICPC said the former governor was arrested and detained in furtherance on an ongoing investigation.
J. Okor Odey, Head Media and Public Communications /Spokesperson of ICPC confirmed that the former governor is in the custody of the ant–graft agency in a short statement.
“The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) writes to state that Malam Nasiru El-Rufai the former Governor of Kaduna state is in our custody as at close of work today Wednesday the 18th day of February, 2026. Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in the custody of the Commission in connection with investigations.
Recall that El-Rufai had also confirmed receiving an invitation from the ICPC last Friday.
He also claimed that there was an attempt to arrest him at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja when he came back to Nigeria the previous day.
El-Rufai who disclosed this in a post on his official X handle said the ICPC delivered the letter of invitation to him.
But he said his lawyer has replied the ICPC that he will honour the invitation today, Wednesday, 18 February 2026.
The former governor also confirmed that the EFCC had earlier invited him while he was abroad.
He honoured the invitation of the EFCC last Monday and was held for questioning over corruption allegations for two days by the operatives of the anti-graft agency.
The former governor was reportedly grilled over alleged fraud during his tenure as governor from 2015 to 2023.
The Department of State Services, DSS has also filed charges against El-Rufai following his confession on national television about the tapping of the telephone of the National Security Adviser, NSA, Nuhu Ribadu.